“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Viva Frida...again!



In June I wrote about a dream I had about Frida and how I was asking her for inspiration....
i think one of the main reasons I had this dream is because of the huge mental block I was battling, I was frustrated,with very few ideas,and even those I couldn't bring to fruition.
Right after I had this dream,I created these paintings...I used acrylics,water color pencils,artificial flowers,decorative papers and covered it all in beeswax.
I've had a lot more ideas and inspiration lately,and maybe they aren't life altering or earth shattering,some are actually pretty silly at times, but they have made me happy.most of this happy creativity I think is due to the lovely,amazing women that come by to visit once in a while.There may not be many but when they do, they leave such encouraging comments....they have made me realize there's a little Frida in us all.
Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. marfi these are stunning!! The colors in the top one especially are amazing. You're the 2nd artist I've seen today that used beeswax as a finish and I'm absolutely fascinated by it. I love Frida too and just watched the movie about her a few months ago. I love your Fridas!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)