“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Monday, November 8, 2010

March Paper Dress


"He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same"
- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights, Ch. 9


I'm still playing catch-up with my paper dresses, that's why it's March in November!
For this month's dress I let Wuthering Heights inspire me, I imagine that Catherine might wear this to afternoon tea. there's a little cape to keep her comfortable in case she feels a draft.
What can I say? I'm reading the book right now and it's on my mind:)
Please go to Alice and Camilla to see more paper dresses.
Thank you for looking.

17 comments:

  1. I love that dress, the colour of it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~i l♥ve the little cape you made! and the birdie paper for the dress is so cute...perfect for afternoon tea...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, everything about that dress is stunning! I love the color!
    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I want to wear this dress. It DOES look like Cathy on her way to a party where Heathcliff is banned. He'd want her to be dressed in gypsy colors and she's letting herself dress like a fairy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...and perfect attire for such a book!! Enchanted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marfi this is GORGEOUS!!!!!! The green trim is beautiful and I love how you used it for a cape. Oh a wondrous dress for an afternoon Springtime tea indeed. Heathcliff would surely approve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I LOVE this dress--and the quote is amazing too!
    I hope you're having a great day!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! I want a real dress like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just lovely, and I adore Wuthering Heights...thankyou for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful! I love that color green! Oh, and I also love the bird! Awesome work.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this dress - want one - I just love greens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got behind too.....I need to catch up because my grandaughter wants the complete "collection" for her bedroom wall...
    this is a beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the dress is absolutely lovely! And I ADORE Wuthering Heights. It's one of my all-time favorite novels. Read it in one sitting while in college. Hope you love it. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so adorable...i am inspired to try this myself someday....
    and that green is TDF!

    ciao bella

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously girl..I would wear that dress.. That is gorgeous. Ok,,I wouldn't walk around with a paper dress but definitely try to have it made so it would look like this,,lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your paper dress! The colors and embellishments are gorgeous! Now I want to try making one myself!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)