“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Tuesday, July 16, 2013

This & That


Hello!!!
 I went thrifting on Saturday and found some things I'd like to show you.

First, I found this cute cardigan, $3


I thought this was a book when I saw it



but it turned out to be a jewelry box, $2

And OMG this!!!
It's twin size with no fading or loose yarn on it at all!!!
 

It was only $7!!!!!!!!!
I may use it in my Gypsy wagon, which I'm still working on by the way:)

This weekend, along with thrifting, I cleaned up my itty bitty studio
and found I have a few yard sale & thrift store finds.

This is a fruit basket, which I use for many many things,
 I just started hanging random treasures on it,
 like butterflies, fairies, cages, even necklaces and earrings.   
It was 99 cents.
The shelf directly behind it,
 holding the houses was purchased at the same time for two dollars.
 



This little cabinet is for CD's I think, but it's perfect for my paints, 
I got the idea from Anna at Frosted Petunia's
It cost $3. 



I should get going for now, my studio assistant is getting impatient for his dinner....



Have a great day, and I'll see you very soon!




7 comments:

  1. What great discoveries! The cardigan looks so pretty. What a precious little face - how can you ever resist it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your treasures!
    the afghan is gorgeous :)
    your little friend is precious!

    have a great evening.

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love junkin and repurposing. You got some great finds. Love the cd holder converted.
    And of course the puppy wins out. How adorable. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your found treasures! Especially that cute little chubby one at the bottom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sweet Friend...
    What a beautiful share. I love seeing all the wonderful things to create with in your studio. I can lose myself in my creation area. Sometimes I lose track of time, and find myself wondering where the time went so quickly.

    Love, love the cardigan. Yes even in Phoenix we do use a cardigan now and again. It is so fresh. That afghan you found is DDG. Love it. The colors are so happy and fresh. Truly makes you want to smile. The jewelry box has such potential. Covered, flowers, jewels, color, oh wow I could go on and on and on. What a find for the price.

    Love the little helper. What a sweet fur baby. Beautiful eyes sweet friend. Has beautiful eyes.

    Thank you for the sentiments on Bruiser. He was one in a million. I miss the little things, like his snorts and his little paws tapping on the tile as he went up and down the hall. His little whine for his snacks, even falling over him. He was always under my feet, and I do SO miss that.

    Have a glorious weekend sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful finds! I love jewelry boxes like that...I have a couple but they are both beige! Love the idea for paints, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the thrift stores by me are so expensive! You found some great deals!

    ....and, I just can't get enough of that puppy face!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)