“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, September 18, 2013

There's magic in the air!

The nights are getting longer,
& the skies are getting darker....
when that happens
I begin to yearn for something different...
a change... 



I took a walk.
The path was a bit familiar..
I got to a sign
that had arrows pointing in 
all directions...
one pointed South, 
it said:
Le Mysterieux Carnival
I took a few steps in that direction, 
the smell of candy floss and caramel apples 
 floated in the air.



I came back to the sign
and took another look.
Another arrow pointed East,
it was covered over with drying lavender
so I brushed it away gently...
Practical Magic...
I could smell fresh damp soil, pancakes and the sea.
I made my decision!
Practical Magic!
It had been years since I'd jumped off a roof!



Just as I started out 
another arrow
caught my attention...
it was partially hidden behind Spanish moss 
just then,  I heard music!
High in the air..
Beautiful silvery notes with a touch of mournful soul...
 bringing with it the scent of spices
hot coffee and ....sweet delicacies.
What could this be, where could this be?!
Moving the moss aside,
I read..
Broomsticks on the Bayou.



with the  glittery promise of 
magic, good food and the chance to 
explore a gorgeous mystery
I set off in the direction of the arrow...
As luck would have it
I met up with a witchy friend along the way.



over marshy ground
and under hanging vines.
we  arrived.

Won't you join us?


You can share your 
party
story
tablescapes
artwork
spells
As long as it's
New Orleans style!
I'll set up a list of participants
here on my blog
or you can stop by 
Frosted Petunias
and sign up there
it's up to you.

and you know me...
there's going to be prizes!

you can use the button on my sidebar!

hope to see you there!!

 

 

11 comments:

  1. I am so in for this! What a fabulous theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already signed up and I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not know much about the Bayou, but sounds like fun, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous theme.
    Participate!
    It's fun.
    Jorgelina from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in! :) What do we have to do? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, love your story! You have drawn me in! I look forward to visiting you during for Broomsticks on the Bayou...and maybe join in if I can...
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you hear the howls? It was me!!! I was following you in the journey, but I was a bit behind (the broom was giving me trouble). So changed into a spider--she was too slow, too--so I changed in to a wolf and followed you to the Bayou. I'm ready to party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOh, I'm in Marfi, sign me up! I'll add the banner to my blog now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marfi, what a fabulously fun post and party idea. Honey, I am not going to be able to join this one and it makes me so sad. I have not been feeling well lately (that darn lupus), while still trying to work and care for home and family as usual, and I'm afraid I'll commit to something and not be able to come through. I just can't do that in good conscious. However, I will be here for this wonderful extravaganza and place your button on my sidebar, if you don't mind. All my love to you sweetie, Mina

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)