“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Peter Pan Book/Puppet theatre

Do you believe in fairies?

I think you all know that I do!

Here's a Lisa Kettell Designs project
that has everything you need to help you believe!

Supplies
Cigar box or book shaped box (available at craft and hobby stores)
2 Baby Bailey unpainted dolls
Fairy silhouette
wooden scrolls/trim
alphabet stickers
England stickers*
gold glitter washi tape
purple ribbon
treasure map
hot glue gun, glue sticks
white glue
glitter in gold & pink
craft wire
green scrapbook paper
acrylic pant: white, peach, orange, gold, pink, red, light green,
 dark green, dark blue, brown, black
 
 Directions
paint baby bailey dolls to look like Wendy and Peter 
hot glue purple ribbon to top of her head, add pink glitter to top of her ankles
fold a small amount of green paper to resemble a hat for peter, hot glue to his head
poke craft wire into back of dolls, set aside
paint the wooden trim gold and add glitter
paint inside of box dark blue
add white to create clouds
position Big Ben sticker in front of the clouds, or, paint him on:)
glue green paper to lid of box
paint outside of box gold
open box add wahsi tape across the top 
hot glue wooden trim to frame inside of box
add stickers and silhouette to box lid to create the cover
put a small amount of hot glue on tips of the wire attached to the dolls
and position them to look like they're flying 
add treasure map to inside lid
dry brush gold paint on corners of cover and the map

Hope this was fun...I've been outside most of this week adding arches and making a bed out of
bent wood and an iron cot!
when it's ready it'll be covered in vines and flowers.
(that's my next post)
ok, stay tuned for the winner of the blog anniversary gift!!

Thanks for visiting!












 

6 comments:

  1. I'm clapping my hands right now, saying, "I believe in fairies!" This project is so cute, Marfi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness............this is brilliant. I absotively, posalutely love this. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...I believe in fairies my friend! And I love your sweet creations. I so need a treasure map to find more seashells and seaglass....and gold coins and rubies and diamonds...pirate's treasure! hahaha! Have fun my friend! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kindred...so very beautiful!! Gorgeous creations...so magical ad dazzling! I think Lisa is fantastic too!
    Thanks for shining your magic!
    Wishing you a Happy Spring!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, these are precious beyond words. And of course I believe in fairies! I see their magical work all the time. Thank you for sharing not only your beautiful creations, but your instructions as well. All my love to you, my friend. Mina

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooh!! this is magically clever and so adorable Marfi! I love it!!!!!! I feel so out of the loop, you definitely inspire me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)