“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Sunday, November 29, 2015

Giving Thanks

 How was your Thanksgiving?
We had the best time!
I didn't have to cook this year..
and it's been many years since that has happened.
I was more than grateful for that.
We spent the day watching movies and eating things we rarely have anymore...
Like cookies and chocolate:) 
We also spent a lot of time baking ...that's always fun.
Helena loved it!





She baked her first cake.




I made a few cookies:)
Krampus and Cthulhu.




As you can see we really got into the decorating.
Can you see Nosferatu? 
He was a snowman cookie that got a makeover...:)



It was silly and fun
 turning regular shapes into creepy creeps.


Remember this little demon girl?




Well,  I had the opportunity to purchase another incredible creation from the
extremely talented, 
                                                                       Johnny Oxen.
 This one is called "A Fragmented Loop"
I love it's drippy feet!



 Not only did he send the painting..He send a few other goodies as well.
& look at the box he sent it in!
It's covered in his amazing artwork too!


 My wall is looking better and better..
It really inspires me!!
You know how it is when you just look at a painting and it 
makes you happy?
That's how this affects me.



I couldn't throw out the box with his drawings on it, 
so I cut them up and displayed them.



 My collection is growing..and this is only the beginning. 
I hope you get a chance to visit his Instagram.
His work is awesome.



This is very exciting...
At the end of October I applied to be on the 
Canvas Corp creative crew
and I got chosen!
I'm elated over this!
There are so many talented artists to work with...It's such an honor.
This coming year will be filled with many new art projects.




This post may seem to be all over the place
what with the cookies and the artwork...
But I really think that
finding magic and beauty in everything has made magic and beauty appear everywhere.
The more I look, the more I find.
I have much to be grateful for.

I found a quote I really like that sums this all up. 

 “If we do not feel grateful for what we already have,
 what makes us think we’d be happy with more?” —

Have a great week...I'll see you very soon!

3 comments:

  1. I really love the look of your gallery wall, Marfi…it is the funnest of all!
    Congratulations, Marfi, on being chosen as a member of the Canvas Corp Creative Crew. When I saw you were chosen, I squealed! I can't wait to see what our "assignments" will be!

    Love your holiday cookies, too!!!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)