“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Monday, November 16, 2015

post Halloween post:)




Hi!
Wow, is it really the middle of November??

That just flew by!

I meant to post our Halloween photos much sooner..
so much has been happening lately.
Well, I'll show'em to you anyway:) there isn't that many.

you probably know we celebrate Great Pumpkin night on the 30th...
I've done this for almost twenty years..
We have good food, lot's of treats, scary movies and music..
then at midnight on the 31st the Great Pumpkin leaves toys and candy by the front door.
This night is like Christmas Eve for us.
 Helena carved her first pumpkin by herself!



This year I made our dinner using some recipes I found on line,
I made feet loaf..which looked absolutely disgusting,
giant fingers...just bread sticks with almond nails
 pulverized ghosts..(mashed potatoes)
& goblin guts...which were carrots and peas...
(I didn't know what else to call them, haha)
Did I take pictures??
 NO of course not! I completely forgot:-/
I do have some dessert photos,, which were pretty simple..
We didn't want too many since a huge load of candy was on it's way..





Last year The Great Pumpkin brought me goodies.
This year was no exception.
 I received the best jewelry I could ever get in my life...ever!
I love Hellboy so this ring is perfect for me.


I also got this awesome tote bag I admired at Barnes & Noble a couple of weeks ago...


And this!...this was JUST recommended to me by an amazing person... 


and somehow the Great Pumpkin knew!
It was absolutely the best!
We had an incredibly fun night.
After the gifts and candy,
 we went for a drive...
no exorcism sounds this time though...haha


Halloween 
was bright and cloudless...not my favorite, but it was cool out there.
Helena was transformed into Jordy Verrill.
Here she is on her way to watch the Goosebumps movie.



She insisted that we go as Stephen King characters...
So I was a random vampire...(Salem's Lot?)
This is a picture she took of us at the end of the day.
minus her mold, uni-brow and my blood stained mouth.
We had a great time...


I am sorry it took so long to post this.
The days have really just slipped away here.
I have a winner for the Bride of Frankenstein canvas though.
Holly, from Gypsy Spirit Rising!!

 

Now we can get to the rest of the holidays. 
Which I am looking forward to..
We're practically out of November and you know what December brings right??
Yes..my birthday!!!
Speaking of birthdays though..today is a very special day..
It is the birthday of a wonderful person!
 
 
If you get a chance head over to her blog or Instagram and say hello.
 
Okay, I will be back here really soon.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Yay I won! You do make Halloween time alot funner in blogland. My son wanted to be Slappy for Halloween but we could'nt find a little suit in time. It's awesome you two dressed up for the movie. December's around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I won! You do make Halloween time alot funner in blogland. My son wanted to be Slappy for Halloween but we could'nt find a little suit in time. It's awesome you two dressed up for the movie. December's around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your celebration and hi jinx. You are such a lovely spirit. Thanks for sharing so much with us. I haven't lost your number and will one of these days surprise you with a call. xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Where has Fall gone?! So quickly it flies by..fun to read all your goings-on. I should have such fun! Happy Thanksgiving! Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I think Amanda and I have the book. It looks very familiar.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)