“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Art, Antiques, Roses and an Anniversary

How is everyone today?
I'm doing pretty good...been keeping busy..
painting, gluing, baking and a little shopping.

First, I created this art card using one of the Lisa Kettell doll parts.
I turned it into a little fairy bee. I created the background by gluing a bingo card
onto a piece of  6x8 cardboard, then I decoupaged flowery tissue over it.
washi tape,paper flowers, a paper mache bird and bumblebee stickers finish it off





This witch is acrylic, marker and water color on water color paper.
The pink sequin trim is from a pack of about 40 yards I found at hobby lobby for $3.00!!!!
I thought it was per yard but it turns out it was for the whole thing:)




I painted up this mermaid doll to look like a sugar skull..
she has paper flowers glued to her head, she's on her way
to her new home right now.




Yesterday was special..
It was our 2nd annual cryptid party!
We had one last year with creepy food, big foot feet party favors and so many decorations..
I didn't post about it because last year was so hectic I did not have a chance.
I did take pictures yesterday of the silly cookies before the frosting went on them...



........................................................................................................................

On Friday I went to a antique mall with my older daughter..
We walked around forever! The place is huge & the prices are what you would expect
for antiques..
I saw this gorgeous, gorgeous cage..It's very large  and those holes on top are actually mirrors.
I fell in love with this but it was a bit out of my price range at $260





I did however, purchase this lovely green bowl..




This adorable cookie cutter,
 can you tell it's a couple of children under an umbrella?
It was a little difficult to photograph..


We were making our way to the registers when we 
found this beauty!
She was under some gross looking barbies and dusty old teddy bears..
She's about 25 inches tall.
I checked her price tag and found out she was 
$6.50
I literally did a double take!




...........................................................................................................

I went to a Rose Garden in Mesa the other day..




The day was windy and it was cool in the shade.























................................................................................................................

I'm about ready for bed right now..
today is the anniversary of my mom's death.
It's been 20 years that she passed away..
It was just yesterday and yet it was lifetimes ago..


Friday is my older daughter's birthday, so I will be back this weekend.
I hope you all have a magical week.

10 comments:

  1. You were busy just like your fairy bee! And great finds at the craft store and antique mall. It was nice to take a walk through the rose garden with you. At the rate we're going, we may not see flowers until August. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical post. I think your doll on cardboard and a bingo card really means spring has arrived in your world. The flowers, the bird, and the tissue background all shared a colorful magic.

    Speaking of magic, your witch put a spell on me. You got a HUGE bargain on that awesome pink ribbon.

    I LOVE the carousel horse. It is incredible, and really looks like a real one. I can see why it cost so much. The detail in it was unbelievable.

    Of course, that doll was amazing. You definitely got a bargain because it certainly looks quite old. Most impressive.

    Speaking of dolls, your sugar skull doll is wonderful. I bet the recipient is quite pleased with it.

    Here's to your oldest daughter having a great birthday. I can't wait to see what you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that witch. I have a soft spot for witches, and I love the attitude in that one :)

    A cryptid party is an idea I wish I'd known about when the kids were young. That's not gonna stop me, though ;) I just need to pick a day.

    I love antique malls and was blessed with kids who saw those trips as treasure hunts. What a find that cage is, but it'd be too steep for my blood, too.

    My mother made a doll just like that for me. She's dressed in green, and I used to keep her on my bed. They make good pass-downs, and I know my daughter will want it. That blue dress with its trim (tatting?) is lovely!

    That's a gorgeous garden; I love the spring-flowering trees and roses. Blue skies makes it look like a good day to go out.

    My heart goes out to you on the anniversary of your mother's death. It's hard, I know, and I'm not sure we ever get past losses like that. Happy Birthday in advance to your daughter. I wish her a fun and joy-filled :) day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bee and witch is so cute. Yes, time goes by too fast when we loose a loved one. Prayers for you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had such fun days--and cool purchases, too! I could see your smile through the words and images. I bet your mama saw it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow , never made it to that rose garden. Have been tempted to vacay that way and look at some housing. The cold tis last winter was bad for me, but I never let weather interfere in my activities. Thank you for your concerns with my health, I was amazed at my blogger support that means a lot to me.Have a few good celebrations. I lost my mother about the same time, but hold her dearly in my heart and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post! Love your creativity! Did you get the doll?

    ReplyDelete
  8. REALLY loving the new art you created ... most especially the witch!

    Congrats on your anniversary! I have to say I think your spring pics are absolutely lovely!!

    Happy Birthday to your daughter and do have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy, Busy, girl!!!
    I truly love all your new creations! So beautiful!! And, I love what you got at the antique mall! You scored! The garden is gorgeous!
    Happy Birthday to your oldest daughter and big hugs for you, on the anniversary of your mom's death. Gorgeous photo, beautiful! I see your youngest daughter in her!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)